Rice and beans bulking? If you’re looking for an underrated bulk meal, rice and beans is the perfect choice. This combination is really affordable, nutritious, and delicious. Let’s take a closer look at why rice and beans should be your go-to bulking meal.
Rice and beans bulking
With rice and beans bulking you can enjoy a high-protein, low-cost meal while achieving your fitness goals. Rice and beans provide essential vitamins and minerals and a variety of flavor options. Add rice and beans to your bulking diet today for an easier, healthier way to gain muscle mass.
Pros of rice and beans
They’re a complete protein source.
Rice and beans are a complete protein, meaning they contain all the essential amino acids your body needs to build muscle. A lack of amino acids can lead to muscle wasting, so it’s important to consume foods that contain them.
They’re a low-fat source of protein.
Not all protein sources are created equal. Some, like red meat, are high in saturated fat, which can lead to gaining fat. Rice and beans, on the other hand, are a low-fat source of protein, making them an ideal choice for those looking to bulk up without adding extra fat to their waistline.
They’re rich in complex carbohydrates.
Complex carbohydrates are an important part of any diet, but they’re especially important for those looking to bulk up. That’s because they help to replenish glycogen stores, which are depleted during exercise.
Glycogen is stored in the muscles and is used for energy during exercise, so it’s important to consume complex carbohydrates after working out in order to help the muscles recover and grow.
They’re a good source of fiber.
Fiber is an important nutrient that helps with digestion and can also help to lower cholesterol levels. Both soluble and insoluble fibers are found in rice and beans, making them a healthy choice for those looking to improve their overall health.
They’re rich in vitamins and minerals.
Rice and beans are also good sources of vitamins and minerals, including iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. These nutrients are essential for proper growth and development, so it’s important to include them in your diet if you’re looking to bulk up.
Rice and beans can be prepared in many different ways.
One of the great things about rice and beans is that they can be prepared in many different ways. You can cook them together or separately, add them to other dishes, or eat them on their own as a quick snack or meal replacement.
Cons of rice and beans
Another potential issue with eating a lot of rice and beans is that it can cause gastrointestinal (GI) issues. This is because beans contain a type of carbohydrate called oligosaccharides, which can be difficult for our bodies to break down.
As a result, consuming large quantities of beans can lead to gas, bloating, and diarrhea. If you’re someone who is prone to GI issues, then you may want to limit your intake of rice and beans or eat them in smaller quantities.
They can be high in carbohydrates.
While rice and beans for bulking are great because of the protein, they can also be high in carbohydrates. This is especially true if you’re eating white rice, which has a higher carbohydrate content than brown rice. If you’re trying to bulk up, you may want to limit your intake of rice and beans to ensure that you’re not consuming too many carbs.
How to meal prep rice and beans for bulking
Preparing rice and beans for multiple meals ahead of time will save you precious time during the week, so understanding how to meal prep rice and beans correctly can be an absolute lifesaver!
- cook a large pot of rice – use either long grain, short grain, or wild rice – according to package instructions. Once your rice is almost done cooking.
- Add in your choice of canned or soaked beans and stir thoroughly. Season to taste with your favorite spices like oregano, garlic powder, or chili powder.
- Allow the mixture to cool before portioning it out into separate containers which can be stored in the refrigerator for later use.
By taking a few steps upfront, you’ll be able to enjoy this delicious rice and beans dish on those days when your schedule is just too busy!
Rice and beans bulking recipes
Here are two simple and easy recipes for rice and beans that will be sure to please everyone at the table:
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pot, cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and cook until softened. Add the black beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the black bean mixture to the cooked rice and stir to combine. Serve warm.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pot, cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the pinto beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the pinto bean mixture to the cooked brown rice and stir to combine. Serve warm
Rice and beans bulking? the answer is YES because:
They’re a complete (high) protein source, low in fat, rich in complex carbohydrates and fiber, and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
Now combine this with our 5-Day Workout Routine and see how you reach your fitness goals!