Veggie Quinoa Bowl with Tofu
Make a delicious and healthy meal in just minutes with this easy recipe for a Veggie Quinoa Bowl with Tofu.
Quinoa is a nutty and flavorful grain that is packed with protein, making it a perfect base for this vegetarian bowl. The tofu adds plenty of heart-healthy fats and complete proteins, while the vegetables provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
You can use any vegetables you like in this dish, but we recommend broccoli, carrots, and red peppers for a colorful and nutrient-rich meal.
– Simply cook the quinoa according to package directions
– then stir in the cooked veggies and crumbled tofu.
– Season with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to taste.
Serve warm or cold for a light lunch or dinner that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Black Bean Brownies
Love brownies but want to switch things up?
Why not try black bean brownies? They’re packed with protein and fiber, and they’re super easy to make.
– Just mix together black beans, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
– Then pour the batter into a baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
The result is a delicious, nutritious treat that’s perfect for an afternoon snack or after-dinner dessert. So next time you’re in the mood for something sweet, give black bean brownies a try!
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
This roasted butternut squash soup is the perfect way to enjoy the fall season. The soup is made with roasted butternut squash, onion, garlic, and vegetable broth. It is then blended together until smooth and creamy. For the soup, you will need:
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
1 onion diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
– To make the soup, simply roast the butternut squash, onion, and garlic in a large baking dish for 25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Then, add the roasted vegetables and broth to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
– Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad
This salad is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy sweet potatoes and chickpeas.
The sweet potatoes are roasted in the oven until they are tender and then combined with chickpeas, red onion, cilantro, and a simple dressing of olive oil and lime juice. The salad can be served as is or with a dollop of yogurt on top. It is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish.
– To make the salad, start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Then, wash and chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
– Next, add the sweet potatoes to a roasting pan along with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
– Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
– While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the chickpeas in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
– Drain and add them to a large bowl along with the roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later. Enjoy!
Grilled Cheese with Avocado and Tomato
Avocado grilled cheese sandwiches are a delicious and easy to make snack or meal.
This recipe makes two sandwiches, but can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re feeding a crowd. All you need is four slices of bread, two tablespoons of butter, one avocado, one tomato, and eight ounces of shredded cheese.
– First, butter the outside of each slice of bread.
– Then, start building your sandwich by layering on the shredded cheese,
– then the avocado and tomato slices.
– Place the other slice of bread on top, butter side up.
Now it’s time to cook! Place the sandwiches in a skillet over medium heat. Grill for about three minutes per side, or until the bread is golden brown and crispy and the cheese is melted.
Slice in half and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
This hearty dish is packed with nutrients and flavor. The recipe is simple and can be easily adapted to suit your taste.
Lentil shepherd’s pie is a great way to use up leftover lentils.
– To make the dish, start by cooking the lentils in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
– Then, add the carrots, onion, and celery and cook for another 5 minutes.
– Next, stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
– Finally, add the cooked lamb and peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
– To assemble the pie, spread the lentil mixture into an 8×8 baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes, using a fork to create a swirl design.
– For extra flavor, top with shredded cheese and chopped fresh parsley. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Quinoa and black bean salad
Quinoa and black bean salad is a healthy, filling dish that is perfect for a summer picnic.
The salad is made with cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. For the dressing, you will need olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, and cumin.
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Quinoa and black bean salad can be served at room temperature or chilled.
If you are serving the salad chilled, add a bit more lime juice to brighten up the flavors.
This salad is best when made fresh, but it will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Grilled salmon with lemon and herbs
salmon, lemon, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil.
Grilling salmon is a simple and healthy way to cook fish. I like to use this recipe when grilling salmon: lemon and herb grilled salmon.
The recipe is easy and the fish comes out moist and flavorful.
– The first step is to preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
– Then, rinse the salmon fillets and pat them dry with paper towels.
– Next, season the fillets with salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil.
– Then, juice half a lemon over the fish.
– Finally, add some fresh thyme and rosemary leaves.
– Grill the salmon for about 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Be careful not to overcook the salmon or it will be dry. When the salmon is cooked through, remove it from the grill and serve immediately with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes
Looking for an easy and delicious way to dress up your Brussels sprouts? Roasting them with sweet potatoes is a perfect way to do just that! This recipe is simple to make and can be easily adjusted to suit your taste.
Ingredients: Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut your Brussels sprouts in half and slice your sweet potatoes into thin wedges.
3. Toss the veggies with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes until they’re nice and crispy.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Turkey chili is a delicious and easy way to use up leftover turkey.
The recipe below makes enough for 4-6 people, but can easily be doubled or tripled if you have a larger crowd. Turkey chili is a great way to use up leftover turkey. This recipe makes enough for 4-6 people, but can easily be doubled or tripled if you have a larger crowd.
To make the chili
– start by browning the ground turkey in a large pot over medium heat.
– Once the turkey is cooked through, add in the chopped onion and garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
– Then, add in the canned tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, and chili powder
– and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
– Let the chili simmer for at least 30 minutes so that the flavors have a chance to meld together.
Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream on top. Enjoy